EMS1 got a make over this week. New decals to finish off the newest truck in our fleet. EMS1 responds to medical calls,...Posted by South Pekin Fire Department on Thursday, January 23, 2020
At 0140 South Pekin Fire was dispatched to a house fire on Meyers St, E1 arrived on scene shortly after and began...Posted by South Pekin Fire Department on Friday, April 19, 2019
S̶a̶n̶t̶a̶'̶s̶ The Easter Bunny's helpers are busy stuffing eggs for this Saturday's hunt. Come and see us at 11am Saturday. 3 age groups and a special needs hunt will be happening simultaneously.Posted by South Pekin Fire Department on Monday, April 15, 2019
Tonight's medical training covered first responder and EMT drugs/doses and proper administration to adult and pediatric...Posted by South Pekin Fire Department on Monday, April 8, 2019
*update* South Pekin Fire Department Engine1 and Engine2 are currently on scene of a mutual aid structure fire with...Posted by South Pekin Fire Department on Monday, April 1, 2019
Training tonight was hydrant work with large diameter hose, relay pumping to our second engine and running our master...Posted by South Pekin Fire Department on Monday, March 18, 2019
Happy St Patrick's Day! Remember to drink responsibly and utilize a Taxi or Uber so you don't need an ambulance and fire truck. Southpekinfire.orgPosted by South Pekin Fire Department on Sunday, March 17, 2019
Tonight we also honored the strength of local South Pekin police officer Monica Wilson.Posted by South Pekin Fire Department on Saturday, March 9, 2019
You may have heard the sirens going through town as we honored cancer survivor Bonnie Rivers at her home Saturday night. Thank you to the Sauk Valley chapter of Pink Heals for supporting our residents.Posted by South Pekin Fire Department on Saturday, March 9, 2019
See a Forman firefighter or stop by the Manito station for ticketsPosted by South Pekin Fire Department on Friday, March 8, 2019
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family, brothers and sisters of Captain Jake Ringering.Posted by South Pekin Fire Department on Wednesday, March 6, 2019
It's the first Tuesday of the month, brush up on your tornado terminology and work on your home emergency plan.Posted by South Pekin Fire Department on Tuesday, March 5, 2019
Did you know smoke detectors have a life of 10 years, regardless of a fresh battery? SPFD was out in the community...Posted by South Pekin Fire Department on Sunday, March 3, 2019
We have an ALARMING number of smoke detectors to give out and install for FREE to any resident in the village that needs...Posted by South Pekin Fire Department on Friday, March 1, 2019
***FREE SMOKE ALARM PROGRAM*** The South Pekin Fire Department has been donated some smoke alarms to install for FREE...Posted by South Pekin Fire Department on Thursday, February 28, 2019
- February 26, 2019
MULTIPLE STRUCTURE FIRE
300 Block Minch Street, South Pekin
At 12:47pm on Sunday February 24, 2019 the South Pekin Fire Department was dispatched to a garage fire in the 300 block of Minch Street. Early dispatch radio traffic indicated a garage was fully involved with fire.
Five minutes after being dispatched, at 12:52, South Pekin Fire Department Engine 1 arrived on scene and found multiple buildings on fire. All fires were reported extinguished at 1:41pm.
Strong wind gusts fueled the fire and caused significant damage to three structures. All three structures were detached from homes and were used for storage. Heavy fuel loads inside the buildings contributed to the fires intensity.
The quick response and suppression efforts of Engine 1 prevented the fire from spreading to nearby homes.
The South Pekin Fire Department would like to thank our mutual aid partners. The Cincinnati Fire Protection District and Green Valley Fire Protection District assisted with extinguishing the fire. AMT responded with a paramedic ambulance and Delevan Fire also assisted by standing by available for other calls in the area. The South Pekin Police Department and Tazewell County Sheriff's Office provided scene security and traffic control early in the event so that our firefighters could focus on extinguishing the fire.
We also would like to thank Village President Chad Lamberson for responding to the scene and helping to coordinate city services during the fire event.
There are no injuries reported at this fire and no families were displaced. The department investigator lists the cause of the fire as undetermined at this time.