The South Pekin Fire Department is located in the Village of South Pekin, IL approximately 5 miles South of Pekin. The department operates 6 pieces of apparatus and responds to an average of 300 calls each year.
The firefighters that call the SPFD home are 100% volunteer based and are comprised of your neighbors, your friends and maybe even your relatives, responding to hundreds of emergencies annually... They’re people just like you – with families, jobs and active lifestyles who find time to give back to their community.
The departments sole mission is protecting and preserving the lives and property of the citizens of South Pekin and surrounding area by providing Fire, Rescue, and EMS services.
"We, the volunteers of the South Pekin Fire Department, are committed to serving the community in their time of need. We will respond to them be it Fire, Rescue, Basic Life Support, Natural Disaster, etc., and give every effort, within our ability, to protect the health and property of the community of South Pekin, and the surrounding area if requested."
- To ordain a comprehensive fire prevention, fire awareness, and public education program.
- To provide all members with a quality training program directed toward certifications.
- To maintain all equipment in proper working order and ready for an emergency.
- To establish an effective avenue of communication with surrounding departments.
- To coordinate activity dealing with protection of life and property with other local, state, and federal agencies (Police, ESDA, EPA, etc.)
- To make every effort to provide the Village of South Pekin with the best EMS and fire protection services possible.